Acrylic Nails Pros And Cons – With Important Tips
Do you want to try acrylic nails? then you have to know Acrylic nails pros and cons first. Do not worry about that as we will discuss them in detail in this article.
Unfortunately, Not all women have perfect nails appearance, Many women suffer from constantly breaking their natural nails, so many women use acrylic nails to overcome this annoying problem.
If you want to try acrylic nails, you have to know the pros and cons of acrylic nails first, So keep reading…
What are acrylic nails?
Acrylic nails are a kind of artificial nails that are glued to the surface of your natural nails. They are consist of many compounds and this makes them strong and thick, so that acrylic nails become the most popular choice among women.
How To Do acrylic nails?
Steps for the application of acrylic nails:
- start with cleaning and peeling your natural nails and then place acrylic nails on your nails using a combination of polymer powder and monomer.
- Bring a brush and dip it in the liquid and then the powder. This mixture is placed on the nail and then spread on the artificial part and the nail.
- The application process of acrylic nails requires speed and caution to get the best natural outcomes because the mixture of liquid and powder dries very fast.
- The nails are cooled for the desired shape and length.
- Nail polish is coated to get the desired color.
- Finally, Dry your nails using UV or LED lamps.
Acrylic Nails Pros and Cons
Like any product we use in our daily life, acrylic nails have pros and cons. let us discuss them in details:
Pros Of Acrylic Nails:
There are many Pros to use acrylic nails, which include:
- There is a wide range of colors that are renewable.
- Acrylic nails do not break easily.
- Acrylic nails last longer compared to other options.
Cons Of Acrylic Nails
- The compounds used in acrylic nails are chemical in nature and when they touch your skin they may lead to allergies or inflammation of the skin.
- Acrylic nails are main source of hand infections, because the application of them may be done by unsterilized tools such as coolant and scissors, so infections are easily transmitted.
- Acrylic nails removal requires soaking nails into pure acetone for more than 15 minutes. The application of acetone makes the natural nails weaker.
- The glue used on the acrylic nails causes drying of natural oils, leads to nail weaken and breakage.
- With long term use, the natural nail color may changes.
- It is the main cause of bacterial reproduction in hand.
Tips Before Using Acrylic Nails
If you want to try acrylic nails you should follow these tips:
- Do not share the tools used in the application process of acrylic nails with others to avoid infection transmission.
- Do not apply acrylic nails when there is a nail infection.
- Ensure there is no sensitivity to the compounds used in acrylic nails application.
- If you are pregnant, it is better to avoid acrylic nails because they contain strong compounds and vapors that may affect you and your fetus.
- Upon completion of the application process, you have to wash your hands properly and apply some moisturizing creams to the hands and cuticles.
- Let your natural nails take a break for some time after repeated use of acrylics.